Thursday, October 1, 2009

Early Morning Wake-up Calls

Today I woke up before five o'clock!  

Quickly, I activated the typical "negative" mindset:

"I won't look at the clock."
I "tried" to go back to sleep...no luck.
I went to the bathroom....crawled back in bed...no luck.
I focused on my aches and pains and lamented the lack of a good night's sleep...real progress here!
I rearranged my pillow...
I got up for some water and went ahead and took my morning meds...ate half a banana...back to bed...to wait for my husband's alarm to go off...

Acceptance and surrender...
...now I can actually enjoy, and even benefit from, this "inoppertune" blessing...
...time for prayer, reflection, thanksgiving, serving coffee to my husband in bed, morning reading...

And I haven't even "started my day" yet! 
                                                          ....hmmmm.....GRUMPY vs. GRATITUDE......a nobrainer!

Wouldn't it be awesome if this could happen to me every morning!!  Thank you, God!

No comments: